Welcome to TikTok Trendsetter Challenge (the “Site”). The Site is provided and controlled by TikTok Pte Ltd (“TikTok”, “we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. If you do not agree with this policy, you should not use the Site. Please note that separate policies apply to our other services, applications, products and content.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact [email protected]
- The types of personal data we use and how we collect it
We collect and use the following information about you:
Your Identity Data, including your or your team members" email address, first name, last name, age, phone number, bank account information (for individuals category winners only), job title, designation, country and company name.
We collect this information from you when you use the Site, for example we use your full name and email address to give you secure access to the Site, and we use your or your team members" first name, surname, last name, email address, job title, designation, bank account information (for individuals category winners only), country, company name, age or phone number for verification purposes if you or your team enter the competition, if you or your team win, or if you vote for certain submission of the individual category. We also collect any information you provide to us through the “contact us” button on the Site.
We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. We will also explain the consequences should you decide not to provide information which we have indicated is mandatory. In some circumstances this may mean we are unable to enrol you or your team as a participant in the TikTok Trendsetter Challenge.
- Cookie Data and Other Device Data Collection Tools
The Site allows TikTok"s access to or storage of information on your device, including but not limited to the basic Google Analytics tracking tools or other similar tracking technologies (collectively "Device Data Collection Tools " or "DDCTs"). The Site uses DDCTs operated by TikTok or other third parties to collect information about how you use the Site and to track user flow of the Site ("DDCT Information"). The DDCT Information is used to provide measurement services.
- You can switch off GPS location information functionality on your mobile device if you do not wish to share GPS information.
- If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
- Some browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
- How we use your personal data
We process the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to authenticate your access to the Site;
- to provide you with our services, including enrolling you or your team as a participant in TikTok Trendsetter Challenge, sending you a prize or allowing you to vote for certain submission;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to monitor your use of our Site and other digital properties to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our website and digital properties are safe and secure;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for any other purpose to which you have provided consent; and
- to contact you in relation to any of the above.
- How we share your personal data
We may share your personal information within our group of companies.
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- Where we store your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are located or in which your personal data was collected. However, we will not transfer or permit any of your personal data to be transferred outside of such country unless we have taken measures necessary to ensure the transfer is in compliance with applicable laws, and in any case to a recipient that has comparable privacy protections in place.
- Your Rights
We support the exercise of your data protection rights which may be available in your country in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Specifically:
- You can request to access or correct your personal data by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact" section below, and we will fulfil your request if these rights are available under applicable data protection laws in your country.
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where we are processing your personal data based on your consent) by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact" section below, and we will fulfil your request if these rights are available under applicable data protection laws in your country.
- The security of your personal data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
- How long we keep your personal data
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of our Site, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
- Information relating to children
The Site is not directed at children below 13 years old. If you believe that we have personal data about or collected from a user under the relevant age, please contact us at [email protected]
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at [email protected] and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the relevant data protection authority.
We will generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy, through a notice provided via the Site. However, you should look at this policy regularly to check for any changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of such policy. Your continued access to or use of the Site after the date of the updated policy constitutes your acceptance of the updated policy. If you do not agree to the updated policy, you must stop accessing or using the Site.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to [email protected]